CPACA Signature Speakers Series
Leadership Transition Guidance for CPA firms
Communication, Learning and Employee Engagement were the top 3 challenges identified in a survey conducted by The CPACA and detailed in their deliverable The CPACA 2012 Whitepaper: Communication Drives New Possibilities. The CPACA hosted a series of webinars in 2013 to begin assisting firms with these issues. These webinars are now available for download. Each webinar features high-functioning CPA firms doing unique and creative things to better communicate, engage their people and facilitate learning.
Employee Engagement: A Leadership Priority
Today, employee engagement and loyalty are more vital than ever before to a firm’s success and competitive advantage. During this session, we will explore the factors surrounding engagement plus the importance of pulling all leaders and future leaders into the fabric of your organization through engagement. You will learn what engagement means and why it’s critical that leaders invest energy and resources in deepening the engagement within their firm. In addition, you will gain important insights on the following ideas to build a culture of engagement, including how to:
- Improve communication at all levels of your firm with transparency and feedback mechanisms
- Include young professionals in the leadership and strategy of the firm so they feel like they are part of a bigger cause that can fuel their passion
- Engage next generation leaders earlier in their careers to prepare them to take ownership as they progress throughout their career
- Expand on-the-job engagement through increased participation of the partners and emerging leaders to develop essential leadership and management skills
Leave this session with at least one action you can take to create or further an engaging culture in your firm!
The Quest to Build A Learning Culture
Developing a Learning Culture is a journey that is not something that firms can dabble in today. Learning is an essential cultural characteristic according to the 2012 CPA Consultants’ Alliance Leadership survey, which indicates that top talent expect to expand their knowledge as they develop their career. The quest to develop a learning culture is far more than simply supporting CPE requirements; it is a combination of technical, leadership, management and technology training paired with experiential learning and coaching opportunities that allows each individual to climb the learning lattice as they experience the chapters in their life at the firm. In this power-packed, 75-minute webinar, three industry experts will share their insights on what your firm can do today to improve your learning culture and:
- Identify the difference between building a learning ladder and a learning lattice
- Hear specific examples of innovative learning strategies that are working today
- Discuss various programs and initiatives that are available to assist you in building your personal program
Leave this web seminar with specific strategies to differentiate your firm as one that values and invests in learning!
Making Internal Communication A Cultural Must-Have
Communication is a leading issue among CPA firms. In the 2012 CPA Consultants’ Alliance Leadership study, communication was the number one leadership characteristic that CPA firm staff at all levels felt was missing. It was also one of the top characteristics respondent’s felt was most needed. It’s clear better internal communication is needed. But how do you employ more effective internal communication strategies in your firm? This webcast, which will feature insights from several firms who are winning the game of internal communication, will:
- explore different ways CPA firms are adopting a culture that values internal communication
- give examples of how they are accomplishing this internally with their staff and on client engagements
- discuss what you can do today to improve your firm’s internal communication to inspire, engage and retain your team members today.