To support the CPACA and its members in its mission to further leadership within the CPA profession by scheduling and executing marketing activities on behalf of the organization and distributing other content from members. Position is remote.
- Participate as a member of the marketing committee including attending meetings, preparing reports/updates and contributing ideas for process improvements.
- Schedule and post to the CPACA social media accounts according to a schedule defined by the marketing committee using Hootsuite.
- Proactively write (for approval) social media posts for LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Pull monthly reports on social media post engagement, newsletter open/read rates and website traffic for the marketing committee.
- Complete appropriate items in marketing calendar as assigned. Report progress at regular meetings.
- Schedule and maintain the “member of the month” feature on the website to ensure equal representation of all members.
- Proactively reach out to members twice per year for bio updates.
- Research and potentially manage pay-per-click advertising campaign.
- Plan and execute social media calendar.
- Maintain website and blog (in WordPress) and newsletter (in MailChimp), including posting blogs, podcasts, updating copy on the web site, etc.
- Liaise with deliverables committee and recommend and create marketing activities that promote current and past CPACA deliverables.
- Project coordination for agreed upon deliverables for the year.
- Create survey monkey emails (as needed).
- File management in Google Drive (folders, passwords, for marketing and deliverables).
Skills and Education Required:
- A minimum of 3-5 years marketing or sales administrative experience.
- Outstanding project management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google Drive, MailChimp, WordPress, pay-per-click advertising.
- Good communication skills and ability to respond to members in a timely manner.
- Aptitude for critical thinking and ability to provide insight and recommendations to make us better.
- Strong teamwork skills, ability to work independently and initiate planned activities, and the ability to follow directions.
- Excellent writing skills, ranging from simple business emails and memos to crafting marketing messaging and biographies.
- A degree or equivalent experience in marketing, business or organizational development a plus.
- Expect 15-20 hours per month, though first month will be approximately 30 hours of work for on-boarding, transition and setting up consistent processes.