Sarah leverages a successful fourteen-year career in public accounting to help other CPAs create more possibilities in their lives, organizations and communities.
She enjoys collaborating with individuals and firms who are excited to “level up” on their leadership but feel too overwhelmed to create the forward motion they crave. Using an innovative combination of leadership development tools, including one-on-one and group coaching, consulting and training, Sarah co-creates unique solutions with her clients to translate their vision into reality.
Prior to founding Intend2Lead, Sarah consistently balanced client service, firm management and industry leadership throughout her career as a practicing CPA. She spent ten years at PwC, where she performed a two-year rotation in their National Office. Sarah was more recently the national audit partner-in-charge of a high-growth, regional CPA firm and served on its executive and human resources committees. Her responsibilities included oversight of training and development, firm strategy, personnel management, technical accounting and auditing leadership, firm policy and methodology, and quality control.
Sarah is an author, speaker and instructor on coaching and leadership development and a passionate advocate for women in the CPA profession.
Sarah actively serves her profession and local community:
- American Woman’s Society of CPAs (AWSCPA), National Director of the South Central Region (AWSCPA merged into AICPA Women’s Initiatives Executive Committee in November 2017)
- Member of the AICPA AWSCPA Task Force
- AICPA Women’s Initiatives Executive Committee Champions Task Force, Member
- AICPA Private Company Practice Section (PCPS) Firm inMotion Task Force, Member
- AICPA PCPS Forum, Member
- Texas Society of CPAs (TSCPA) Leadership Academy Task Force, Member
- Impact Austin, Board of Directors
In 2017, Sarah was recognized by CPA Practice Advisor as one of the Most Powerful Women in Accounting. She also received the AWSCPA President’s Award and was recognized as a Rising Star by the TSCPA.
Sarah holds a Graduate Certificate in Executive and Professional Coaching from the University of Texas at Dallas and is a credentialed coach through the International Coach Federation. She earned a BBA in Accounting from Texas A&M University and is a licensed CPA in Texas.